How to get to Nha Trang
There are many options to get to Nha Trang from both domestic and international locations. Nha Trang is located in the south central coast, just 400 kilometers away from Ho Chi Minh City. There are different options to get to Nha Trang City:
Nha Trang airport is called Cam Ranh (CXR) airport and it is about 30 km away from the city center. From there, you can take a 45 minutes taxi ride which should cost you about 15$ to the event and tourist area or you can take a shuttle bus for around 3$.
- Ho Chi Minh City (1h)
- Hanoi (1h 50min)
- Da Nang (1h)
- Haiphong (1h 45min)
- Thailand: A non-stop 2-HOUR FLIGHT departed from Suvarnabhumi International airport (BKK) to Nha Trang.
- Malaysia: A non-stop 2.5-HOUR FLIGHT departed from Kuala Lumpur International airport (KUL) to Nha Trang.
- Hong Kong: A non-stop 2.5-HOUR FLIGHT from Hong Kong International airport (HKG) to Nha Trang.
- Shanghai: A non-stop 4-HOUR FLIGHT departed from Shanghai Pudong International airport (PVG) to Nha Trang.
- Korea: A non-stop 5-HOUR FLIGHT departed from Incheon International airport (ICN) to Nha Trang.
- Russia: A non-stop 8-HOUR FLIGHT departed from Novosibirsk International airport (OVB) to Nha Trang.
The Nha Trang train station is in the center of the town, west to the cathedral. It has good connections to destinations including Danang and HCMC which both take about 8h. It is also possible to get there from Hanoi and get the chance to appreciate the marvelous beauty the coast. However, this is a long 27 hours only possible for those athletes with time.
If you are planning to take a bus from HCMC, it will take you about 9 hours. You can either go to one of the bus stations or buy the tickets through some of the multiple travel agencies in HCMC. There are also daily departures from Da Nang or from Dalat (4hours).
If you are coming from other cities, this is the correspondent distances to Nha Trang:
- Hoi An 416 km
- Mui Ne 176 km
- Da Nang 436 km
- Khanh Hoa 37 km
- Binh Dinh 217 km
- Phan Thiet 189 km
From Nha Trang, you can head to Dalat for one of the best ride experiences. Moreover, once in dalat, you can road back to Mui Ne and from there back to Nha Trang. This loop can be either done by the athletes themselves or by Easy Riders, local drivers that will ride for you.